Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So, what is up with this funky named den thing?

Ok, so it’s a blog thing. Guess that means I need to actually write stuff. So since this is the first official post, (ignore that bit of oddity below this one) guess I’ll just introduce who I am to the echo out there (and Shannon).

My name’s Stuart. And I’m possibly human. Actually most of the evidence seems weighted toward that conclusion, but there are a few naysayers out there.

Maybe because I write science fiction, have three alien alphabets, one partial language, and a list of 1,000 named planets and 50+ races (technically there should be 1000, but I’m a procrastinator).

I just finished my first novel that takes advantage of the above oddities (well, one “race”, world and language, and a tad bit of the alphabet). Tells the tale of a young warrior who discovers an ancient artificial intelligence that leads him on a quest that has him deciding between the fate of his empire and the fate of his world. Nothing too heavy.

If you’re still reading this, I bet you’re wondering what the heck a Jerkrenak is, and why does it have a den. Well, maybe I’ll tell you one day if you stick around long enough. But for now, I will only give this itsy bitsy clue.



Anyway, I envision this blog as just a way to ramble on a bit about whatever comes up, be it my writing, as I begin work on the epic sequel to my first novel in which the young warrior meets a voracious creature that loves to spit. Or on books I’m reading, movies I’ve watched, or general thoughts about Life, Christianity and Everything.

Don’t know exactly how often these random musings will pop up, but if a week goes by without anything showing up on here, feel free to scream at the monitor. If you yell loud enough I just might hear you.

Saree Larkime

8 Comments:

Blogger MangyCat said...

Niiice. Looking forward hearing the musing of the Jerkrenak. ;o)

10:32 PM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Harumph! Talking to the echo out there and Shannon. Only because you told her about your blog first. It's all right. I won't get offended. ::sniffle:: Oh, forget it. I don't do the sappy stuff.

Anyway, welcome to the blogging world. I've joined the revolution too, even if I'm the "redheaded stepchild" of the bunch. Got the red hair and everything!

Still think you should put a "DANGER" graphic in the header. Delving into the musings of *your* mind is a scary adventure. LOL!

10:37 PM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger eileen said...

Way to go BloggerGuy. Just don't use your special vocab w/o sending me a dictionary!

10:19 AM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Stuart, that's so you. Welcome to the blogosphere! I like blogging because it lets me listen to myself talk, but then again, loud Asian chicks tend to be self-focused anyway. :)

Hey! I heard that, even if it was in another language...

Camy

6:38 PM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Janny said...

Stuart! What a hoot! Welcome to the Blogosphere! I look forward to the continuance of Saurian lessons.

Janny

11:29 AM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuart, Stuart, Stuart: Jerkrenak? Jerkrenak? Oh my goodness, the comments and little asides that could be made about that name. You Jerkrenak , you! What're you thinkin'?

11:50 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the pix, but then again, I've seen it before! :)

12:08 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Stuart said...

Actually, calling me a Jerkrenak would be a compliment Mike ;)

Though, back in the day, when I used it as a chat handle, people did always tend to shorten it down to the first four letters...except for one gal who insisted on calling me tomato...

12:58 PM, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter