Thursday, March 23, 2006

One Last Word on the Krikicho

Just to kind of give some closure to the whole world-building series here's one final post.

With the timeline, geography, some basic social ideas and the physical characteristics down I've gone as far as I can without a story to build the rest of the world around.

While I've been putting all the above stuff together, various ideas and images will have been popping into my head about what kind of story would be a nice introduction and overview of the race.

For the Krikicho I was thinking a nice short pirate story would have worked well. In a world where there was an ancient high-tech civilization that got wiped out leaving some stores of technology and knowledge behind, a thriving privateer/tomb raider/profiteer type of culture could easily arise.

So I was leaning toward telling the tale of a young privateer Krikicho and his run in with the forces of that expanding empire. Something of a classic formula that would give me a format to explore more of the precise social aspects, the tech used, and other such things. Getting to see the world on a much closer scale.

Someday I'll get around to that story. Just too much to do and not enough time. :)

Any quick questions before we leave the Krikicho behind and head off to Sauria and other mysterious lands?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

No questions, only a comment. It's about time! Now get moving on book 2!

10:53 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter