Thursday, December 22, 2005

Continuing the Bloggification Process

So what exactly am I going to talk about on this thing, something to actually draw interest and get people excited, and provide some kind of service. :)

Well amid the random mumbling, I decided I need to actually have something of value. So I wondered what I might be able to do.

So, beginning in the new year, I'm going to walk through my world creation process. Something that I started fifteen years ago, and over time have refined in order to have a way to populate at least some of those thousand worlds with unique and interesting peoples.

Probably nothing incredibly insightful or dramatic, but it might help other writers, especially those who don't write sci-fi & fantasy, get an inside look at one way that us crazier writers go about bulding our worlds and stories.

I'll still pop in random bits such as "Learn to speak Saurian!"

In fact let's start with the very important holiday phrase:

"I love your food!"

This phrase in Saurian is:

"Dine saree koytie dulvee!"

Just sound that out phonetically with a hint of a roll on the r.

Your mother won't know what to say. :)

Oh and I finally saw Narnia yesterday. But I'll talk about that tomorrow. ;)

9 Comments:

Blogger Ronie Kendig said...

Welcome to the Blogging world!! Glad more of us SF/F freakshow experts are jumping into this habitat. I look forward to reading your blogs, Stuart.

God bless and Merry Christmas!

11:16 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Janny said...

Stuart...

Is that "dulvee" pronounced with a long "ee" sound, or an "ay" as if it were French?

A stickler for correctness,
Janny

11:30 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Stuart said...

Long E sound. and it's a long U sound too.

Always trying to find ways to accurately transpose Saurian into the English alphabet without having to use all those funky pronunciation symbols. ;)

11:40 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I'm LOUSY at pronouncing these alien languages (don't ask Ronie!).....poor me!

12:11 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Paula said...

Stuart,
I'm glad to find your blog! I loved Narnia. Looking forward to what you have to say about it.

12:39 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Mirtika said...

You have entered the big, mad, tent of the Blog Circus. Feel free to fly without a net, but only if you have wings. :)

Nice to see you take the plunge, Stu-Dino-Man.

Hugs,
Mirtika
http://mirathon.blogspot.com
http://onceuponanovel.blogspot.com

1:15 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the darkside, Stewart. Just remember a blog is supposed to be for general ramblings. Use Robin's for an example. She rambles with skill and grace.

3:09 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Cool! You're going to teach Saurian!
Camy

6:28 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

11:31 PM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter