Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Getting back in the wierd of things.

I'm slowly getting back into the flow of writing and getting a steady pattern going. Finished one scene of my current WIP this week (which is also the one that finaled in the ACFW Genesis Contest). I'm hoping to get it done by September so that if the story manages to end up in the top three I can maximize the exposure as much as possible.

Though already the story took a somewhat unexpected turn. The scene featured one of the major supporting characters rescuing some others from a cursed village. Originally this scene was simply to be there for showing the rising stakes in the world, and just how bold the evil forces were becoming. However one of the characters being rescued seemed to be a little more important than I was expecting and the focus of the scene shifted to highlight that, costing the other two characters their lives.

I was a bit sad about that, but this new path ads a whole new sub-plot and depth to the story. One that I think will play out a theme of emotional healing and strength. It will be interesting to see just how this new character develops.

Have you ever had one of those twists jump up in your writing? Or do you have a favorite twist from a novel or a movie?

1 Comments:

Blogger L. S. King said...

Heh -- I have those twists pop up all the time in my stories, Stuart. LOL

Have fun with it!

11:32 AM, May 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter