Friday, May 05, 2006

A Firm Foundation Pt. 2

So I had come down to two basic ideas for how to handle salvation in my mythos.

1)Have an Earth Centric method. Where the Christ died once for the entire galaxy and all other worlds had a "revelation" given to them that pointed to some distant sacrifice.

2) Follow in the tradition of Narnia and have the Son of God gave himself in sacrifice for each fallen world.

There were pitfalls and bright spots for both of these options, but in the end I decided to go with #2.

My main reasoning was because I didn't want Earth to be a focal point of the stories, but rather to be on equal footing with the rest of the galaxy. Also this allows me to give as an authentic "Christian" experience and lifestyle as possible on any planet, no matter at what point in the timeline they are visited.

Obviously the language and exact details of each world would differ, but the core essence and truths would remain the same. Which in turn helped me define what the spiritual rules of the mythos would be.

What does all this have to do with the Theme of crafting my theme?

Just wait and see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Waiting with special interest! :-)

Becky

10:37 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

I read Narnia so long ago, I don't remember how he dealt with the whole salvation on each world thing. Remind me which book it was?
Camy

10:22 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Mirtika said...

When I originally conceived the idea for my current novel end of last year, I was going to do it with the Christ Died On One Earth And Other Parallel Earths had to be evangelized via dimension-traveling prophets. (I still like that idea, and may use it in future.)

I guess that's a variation of your first proposition.

Mir

12:03 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Beth Goddard said...

Can't wait to see. You want to know something really weird. . .I believe the entire universe is fallen due to Adam's sin. . The universe is decaying and so for me, Christ had to die for all. Of course, that's just me and my theology and what do I know. I also don't believe in life on other planets. . .for this same reason. But hey, I love reading science fiction. And I think because there is no allegory that can cover it all, that God can use even the smallest picture of Christ we give in our stories to lead another.

Blessings to you!
Beth.

1:24 AM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter