Friday, August 25, 2006

Conference Countdown

Only twenty five days to go until I leave for the Americain Christian Ficiton Writer's conference in Dallas, TX. On one hand that seems like a lot of time...

on the other... GEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I've got a lot of work to do.

So for all those wondering what an insande sci-fi/fantasy writer does in order to prep for a conference I figure I'll use this rarely visited blog as a way to chronicle the crazy steps I go through. Which is even a bit more crammed this year as I'm also participating in a paid critique session as well as the Early Bird session (where I'll be locked in a room with a bunch of other crazy writers as we hash over our novel proposals and such).

So just what is on my check-list for preparing for this conference?

1. I have to get about 10 more pages written on Chamber of Origins and about 8 on SPF 0: Zeon Star. As these are the two stories for the Early Bird and Paid Critique (respectively).

2. I have to refine my ptiches for all my novel projects so I can rattle them off and sound like I actually know what in the world I'm talking about.

3. Must pull together one sheets for my four current novel projects: Starfire, Shenkai, Chamber of Origins, and SPF 0: Zeon Star. This will most likely include coming up with some original artwork as simple text on a page looks so boring and a picture is worth a thousand words. Luckily my Starfire one sheet will just need updating from last year. Unluckily that leaves three to do.

4. I need to get my Starfire proposal updated and reworked, as well as put together a query letter for it. This most likely won't be a big deal for AT the conference, but more so on the wild chance that an edtior or an agent actually requests it, I will have one ready to go shortly after the conference.

5. Eventually I've got to pack.

So there's what you've got to look forward to here at the Den for the next few weeks.

Check back Monday for my first progress report!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaye Dacus said...

Stuart --
I have faith in you! I know you'll get everything accomplished and have wonderful experiences at the conference.

11:21 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger Rebecca said...

You rat. I wanna go toooo! Why can't I go? I wanna goooooooo!!!!!!!!!
(Sorry, been around little kiddies alll day and they're rubbing off on me.)

You'll pull it all together in time. You know you will.

8:24 PM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter