Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Humble Beginning...

Kale grew up as a village slave, with no grand future ahead of her. But that all changed the day she found the egg. And just like that her world was turned upside down and she found herself on the way to the city of Vendela to become Paladin's servant and train in his academy. But just when her destination is within sight, Kale finds herself propelled on a much longer, more perilous journey than she ever imagined.

In Dragonspell, Donita K. Paul introduces her readers to the fantastical world of Amara, where the noble Paladin rules and dragons of all shapes and sizes roam the skies. Filled with colorful characters, exotic locations, and a scheming villain, Dragonspell weaves together a delightful adventure as Kale, with the help of her newfound comrades must learn to accept her destiny as Dragonkeeper.

What I especially love about Donita's world are her characters. They are all so unique, colorful, and real, you feel connected with them almost immediately upon them appearing on screen, especially the main characters such as Dar, Kale and Leetu Bends. You truly begin to care about each of them and seeing them grow is part of the thrill.

Learn more about the Dragonkeeper Chronicles at: http://www.dragonkeeper.us

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I read this book and would love to see a movie made about it. I think it would be as well accepted as, say, Dragon Heart.

11:18 AM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Stuart said...

I agree, these books could make soem great movies. :)

1:02 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Leathel said...

I think we'll start seeing more Christian fantasy movies in the future. I think Hollywood might be getting a clue of how large the audience is. Atleast I can only hope they are :-)

2:24 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Donita K. Paul said...

Hey, Friends and Fellow Dragon Readers, Thanks for having me around for a couple of days. Everyone says that these books should be movies. Everyone but those who are producing movies. Oh well, maybe they will see the possibilities. Until then, I'm enjoying interacting with readers.

2:56 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Mirtika said...

No "l" in Kale.

What was funny was the first time I read "Vendela." I couldn't get that blonde model from the 90's outta my mental projector.

Mir

3:20 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Stuart said...

How do you spell Kale without l? ;) ok so there was that extra y that snuck in there....what's up with that?

3:28 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Donita K. Paul said...

I taught a little girl at Moppettes whose name was Vendela. She didn't pronounce it the way I do. or rather, her mother didn't. And her mom said she was named after the model, not my city. Go figure!

4:58 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Beth Goddard said...

Definitely all the action to make a good movie is there. I still say that these books are the Christian market's answer to Harry Potter!!

5:52 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Dragons, destinies and delighful adventures. Sounds like the making of a great novel to me! Haven't read it yet, but it's in my TBR pile. :)

9:03 PM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter