Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Zippin' along on the High Speed

Howdy all (if anyone still checks on this thing) ;)

Got hooked up with Cable internet this morning, after suffering through a year of erratic DSL connection (I never knew exactly when I would actually be able to access the internet).

Already psyched from quick early tests that showed a good improvement in speed. A few days should tell if my connection will be stable, but I have high hopes.


Things on the writing front are erratic as well. Have my first novel out at to a publisher that has had it for a few weeks now. Had some little nibbles early on, but it's been all silent for a while now (which is likely a good thing...)

Seems to me the publishing world is a game of fishing between two fish. First the author dangles some bait out there hoping a publishing fish comes along and snaps it up, and then the publisher reels in the catch and hopes it is a tasty morsel that it can multiply and be productive with.

wierd.

anyway that's my random thoughts for today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Camy Tang said...

FINALLY you posted!

Actually, I was AWOL on blogsurfing for awhile b/c of deadlines.

How great you've got cable internet now! I love ours. Except when it goes out right in the middle of some long e-mail.

Praying for your manuscript!

So does that mean you're writing something new to enter into the Genesis?

Camy, who is not nagging at all...

3:32 AM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Ronie Kendig said...

Very kewl, dude! Glad you've got something a bit more stable--cuz we all know STABILITY is good. Right? :-D Right.

Still no word, eh? Well, here's hoping and praying!!

7:04 AM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Stuart said...

Yeah I have something new to enter into Genesis... it's one of the titles listed over in my side bar :p

9:47 AM, October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter